Apache Jackrabbit : Board Report December 2012
[REPORT] Apache Jackrabbit
The Apache Jackrabbit™ content repository is a fully conforming
implementation of the Content Repository for Java™ Technology API
(JCR, specified in JSR 170 and 283).
The Apache Jackrabbit project is in good shape. We have no board-level
issues at this time.
We made the following unstable 2.5.x release from Jackrabbit trunk:
* Apache Jackrabbit 2.5.2 on September 23th
We made a release from the Jackrabbit Oak sub project:
* Apache Jackrabbit Oak 0.5 on September 30th
o Community / Development
* Chetan Mehrotra and Mete Atamel joined the Jackrabbit team as committers
and PMC members.
* Work on Jackrabbit Oak continues strong: At .adaptTo(Berlin) 2012 there
was a presentation on Oak and an Oak related hackathon both of which
where well attended. A further Hackathon was held at ApacheCon EU.
* There was a discussion on the future of Jackrabbit and Jackrabbit Oak
on the dev@ list. The emerging consensus seems to be that Oak will be
kept in Jackrabbit and might eventually become Jackrabbit 3.0
We are still in progress of migrating from Confluence to the new CMS.