Apache Jackrabbit : Board Report June 2016
Report from the Apache Jackrabbit committee [Michael Dürig] June 2016, (submitted 2016-06-08)
The Apache Jackrabbit™ content repository is a fully conforming
implementation of the Content Repository for Java™ Technology API
(JCR, specified in JSR 170 and 283).
The Jackrabbit Oak sub-project is an effort to implement a
scalable and performant hierarchical content repository for use as
the foundation of modern world-class web sites and other demanding
content applications. In contrast to the initial implementation
Oak does not implement all optional features from the JSRs and
is not a reference implementation.
There are no issues requiring board attention at this time
Apache Jackrabbit Oak receives most attention nowadays. All
maintenance branches and the unstable development branch are
continuously seeing high activity. This quarter saw the third
major release of Oak (1.4).
Apache Jackrabbit itself is mostly in maintenance mode with most of
the work going into bug fixing and tooling.
A XSS vulnerability was discoverd and fixed. See
## Health report:
The project is healthy with a continuous stream of traffic
on all mailing lists reflecting the activity of the respective
component / sub-project.
Commit activity is high as we just entered a new release cycle.
The oak-dev list is seeing some interesting and controversial
## PMC changes:
- Currently 49 PMC members.
- Tomek Rękawek was added to the PMC on Mon Mar 21 2016
## Committer base changes:
- Currently 49 committers.
- Tomasz Rekawek was added as a committer on Mon Mar 21 2016
- oak-1.0.29 was released on Tue Mar 22 2016
- oak-1.0.30 was released on Thu Apr 21 2016
- oak-1.0.31 was released on Wed Jun 01 2016
- oak-1.2.13 was released on Wed Mar 23 2016
- oak-1.2.14 was released on Wed Apr 20 2016
- oak-1.2.15 was released on Mon May 16 2016
- oak-1.4.1 was released on Thu Mar 24 2016
- oak-1.4.2 was released on Tue May 03 2016
- oak-1.4.3 was released on Tue May 31 2016
- oak-1.5.0 was released on Tue Mar 29 2016
- oak-1.5.1 was released on Mon Apr 11 2016
- oak-1.5.2 was released on Fri May 13 2016
- jackrabbit-2.10.2 was released on Wed Mar 23 2016
- jackrabbit-2.10.3 was released on Mon May 09 2016
## JIRA activity:
- 376 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 301 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months