Jackrabbit Status December 2011
The Apache Jackrabbit™ content repository is a fully conforming implementation of the Content Repository for Java™ Technology API (JCR, specified in JSR 170 and 283).
The Apache Jackrabbit project is in good shape. We have no board-level issues at this time.
We made the following unstable 2.3.x releases from Jackrabbit trunk.
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.3.4 on November 29th
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.3.3 on November 15th
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.3.2 on November 2nd
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.3.0 on October 3rd
The following patch releases were made from earlier maintenance branches:
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.2.10 on November 22nd
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.2.9 on October 3rd
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.1.6 on October 3rd
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.0.5 on October 3rd
- Apache Jackrabbit 1.6.5 on October 3rd
Bart van der Schans and Justin Edelson joined the Jackrabbit team as committers and PMC members.
We adopted an even/odd versioning scheme for stable/unstable releases and started cutting unstable 2.3.x releases directly from trunk. A stable 2.4.0 release and the accompanying stable 2.4 maintenance branch is planned for January 2012.
The end of life of Jackrabbit 1.x was announced, with 1.6.5 being the last 1.x release we plan to make.
Active work on the new microkernel prototype targeting Jackrabbit 3.0 continues.
We started working on migrating from Confluence to the new CMS.