Report from the Apache Jackrabbit committee [Michael Dürig] (Submitted 2018.12.12)
The Apache Jackrabbit™ content repository is a fully conforming
implementation of the Content Repository for Java™ Technology API
(JCR, specified in JSR 170 and 283). The Jackrabbit content
repository is stable, largely feature complete and actively being
Jackrabbit Oak is an effort to implement a scalable and performant
hierarchical content repository as a modern successor to the Apache
Jackrabbit content repository. It is targeted for use as the
foundation of modern world-class web sites and other demanding
content applications. In contrast to its predecessor, Oak does not
implement all optional features from the JSR specifications and it
is not a reference implementation.
There are no issues requiring board attention at this time
Apache Jackrabbit Oak receives most attention nowadays. All
maintenance branches and the unstable development branch are
continuously seeing moderate to high activity.
We are running up to our 5th major release of Oak (1.10). Branching
is expected to happen early January.
A hackathon was held in Bucharest this quarter
many ideas have been drafted and pondered. Amongst them improvements
to our release model and better CI coverage for components depending
on 3rd party services (i.e. cloud providers).
Apache Jackrabbit itself is mostly in maintenance mode with most of
the work going into bug fixing and tooling. New features are mainly
driven by dependencies from Oak.
## Health report:
The project is healthy with a continuous stream of traffic on all
mailing lists reflecting the activity of the respective component.
There is a wide range of topics being discussed on the dev and user
lists as well as on the various JIRA issues.
Commit activity is moderate to high mirroring the activity on the
JIRA issues and the desire of the individual contributors to bring
the features in for Oak 1.10.
## PMC changes:
- Currently 52 PMC members.
- Woonsan Ko was added to the PMC on Tue Sep 25 2018
## Committer base changes:
- Currently 52 committers.
- Woonsan Ko was added as a committer on Tue Sep 25 2018
- Jackrabbit-2.14.6 was released on Thu Sep 06 2018
- Jackrabbit-2.17.6 was released on Mon Oct 01 2018
- Jackrabbit-2.17.7 was released on Fri Nov 23 2018
- Jackrabbit-2.18.0 was released on Fri Nov 30 2018
- Oak-1.2.30 was released on Tue Sep 11 2018
- Oak-1.4.23 was released on Wed Sep 26 2018
- Oak-1.6.14 was released on Wed Sep 12 2018
- Oak-1.6.15 was released on Wed Nov 14 2018
- Oak-1.8.8 was released on Tue Sep 25 2018
- Oak-1.8.9 was released on Mon Nov 05 2018
- Oak-1.9.10 was released on Thu Nov 01 2018
- Oak-1.9.11 was released on Mon Nov 12 2018
- Oak-1.9.12 was released on Mon Nov 26 2018
- Oak-1.9.9 was released on Tue Oct 09 2018
- Vault-3.2.4 was released on Thu Sep 27 2018
- Vault-3.2.6 was released on Fri Nov 30 2018
## JIRA activity:
- 236 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 235 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months