Apache Jackrabbit : Board Report March 2019
Board report March 2019:
The Apache Jackrabbit™ content repository is a fully conforming
implementation of the Content Repository for Java™ Technology API
(JCR, specified in JSR 170 and 283). The Jackrabbit content
repository is stable, largely feature complete and actively being
Jackrabbit Oak is an effort to implement a scalable and performant
hierarchical content repository as a modern successor to the Apache
Jackrabbit content repository. It is targeted for use as the
foundation of modern world-class web sites and other demanding
content applications. In contrast to its predecessor, Oak does not
implement all optional features from the JSR specifications and it
is not a reference implementation.
There are no issues requiring board attention at this time
Apache Jackrabbit Oak receives most attention nowadays. All
maintenance branches and the unstable development branch are
continuously seeing moderate to high activity.
We made our 5th major release of Oak (1.10) in January.
Apache Jackrabbit itself is mostly in maintenance mode with most of
the work going into bug fixing and tooling. New features are mainly
driven by dependencies from Oak.
We are currently discussing a new release strategy for Oak. The aim
is to facilitate managing our many branches, releasing of tools and
aligning with Oracle's changes in their release and support model
for Java. See https://s.apache.org/oM0w, https://s.apache.org/0UKO
and https://s.apache.org/tk9u on oak-dev for details.
## Health report:
The project is healthy with a continuous stream of traffic on all
mailing lists reflecting the activity of the respective component.
There is a wide range of topics being discussed on the dev and user
lists as well as on the various JIRA issues.
Commit activity is moderate to high mirroring the activity on the
JIRA issues and the desire of the individual contributors to bring
the features in for Oak 1.10.
## PMC changes:
- Currently 52 PMC members.
- No new PMC members added in the last 3 months
- Last PMC addition was Woonsan Ko on Tue Sep 25 2018
## Committer base changes:
- Currently 52 committers.
- No new committers added in the last 3 months
- Last committer addition was Woonsan Ko at Tue Sep 25 2018
- 1.10.0 was released on Fri Jan 11 2019
- 1.10.1 was released on Mon Feb 25 2019
- 1.4.24 was released on Tue Jan 08 2019
- 1.6.16 was released on Fri Jan 11 2019
- 1.8.10 was released on Mon Dec 17 2018
- 1.8.11 was released on Mon Jan 14 2019
- 1.9.13 was released on Mon Dec 10 2018
- 2.10.9 was released on Mon Jan 07 2019
- 2.19.0 was released on Fri Dec 07 2018
- 2.19.1 was released on Mon Feb 04 2019
- 2.8.10 was released on Thu Feb 28 2019
## JIRA activity:
- 193 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 183 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months