Apache Jackrabbit is a meritocratic, community-based open source project run according to the principles of the Apache Software Foundation (ASF).
See the following pages for more details about how Jackrabbit is being developed:
- JackrabbitTeam - the development team behind Jackrabbit
- JackrabbitRoadmap - rough (and often out-of-date) roadmap to future Jackrabbit releases
- BuildingJackrabbit - how to get and build the Jackrabbit source code
- MailingLists - where to discuss Jackrabbit topics
- IssueTracker - how to report and track Jackrabbit issues
- SourceRepository - where the Jackrabbit source code is kept
- ContinuousIntegration - our CI build enviroment
- JackrabbitWebsite - how to update the Jackrabbit web site
- CreatingReleases - how to cut Jackrabbit releases
- SupportingSoftware - what other software is being used for developing Jackrabbit
See also the ASF's Community Development pages and the Getting Involved guide for more generic information on how to get involved in and contribute to Apache projects like Jackrabbit.